Friday, May 14, 2010

What a week!

Our boys are here! When I came in on Sunday they did another fFN and it was positive. So we tried all the meds again but my boys wanted out, K had been head down but moved for some reason. I ended up having a cesarean which was one of the scariest things I've ever done.. But mommy's have to put their big girl pants on sometimes.
R was born first, at 7:33 pm on May 12, 2010. He was 17 inches and weighed 4 lbs exactly. We have pictures right when they came out, hopefully. G doesn't know where he put the camera. There was a lot going on. (: K was born at 7:34 pm. He weighed 4 lbs 9 oz and was 18.5 inches long. They were born at 33w3d which isn't terrible, definitely better than 29 which is when it all started. They're both doing really well, surprising a lot of the nurses we've talked to. R isn't on oxygen and K keeps going back and forth. They both like their binkies so they'll be ready to feed soon after all. (: they've been a little yellow so now they have them on the lights.. They get to wear sweet sunglasses. (: So.. Picture time!

G prepping for the operation.
He looks handsome, yeah. (:

K pulling a Zoolander. That's an oxygen hood over his head.

This is R, they're both really alert.

K, before they took him to NICU. I was so out of it..

The first time I got to see R awake.

R and his daddy. He already chose his favorite, haha. If his dad is around he only has eyes for him.

Wednesday night, the first time I got to hold K.

K and daddy.

K had to have his iv put through his belly button. I watched, he didn't cry or anything. Poor things have my veins I think, they're hard to get ivs in. It looks like he's just chillin though, it's cute.

R, this is the light for jaundice. He even held onto me for a little bit.. Only because his daddy wasn't around.

Today R discovered the binky.
And he loves it.

This is K, he grabbed my hand and wouldn't let go haha. Those glasses protect their eyes.. And just look awesome (:

No comments:

Post a Comment